Wednesday, April 15, 2009

!! TOO MUCH TOO SOON !!




Monday I told Mercedes that if Tuesday was a nice day (i.e. no wind) and warm enough, we would go to the pool. So yesterday, she looked out the window and what did she see? NO WIND! (at least until about 2:00.) So we called up her "BEST COUSIN", Jackie, and the 3 of us headed to the pool. Jackie and I were happy enough just to sit and enjoy the rays, but Mercedes was the brave one to get in. She finally convinced me to get my feet in. (that didn't last long. It felt like an iceberg had melted in there.) One hour later we were ready to go home. After a nice warm shower, I looked in the mirror and YOWZAZ! I was looking at a lobster. It might be a few days til we get back to the pool.






7 comments:

Elder Romney's mission said...

Wow your new wall hides lots of things! I love your new house and what a gorgeous pool!!:)) Yeah I got myself a litle red on my back yesterday also! Wishful thinking huh!

BarbaraJo said...

I want to see pictures of your belly! Or I could always wait until tomorrow and see you then! HA.

Jarmeg Family said...

your first sunburn!! call us next time you go and we will come with you!

The Farmer's Wife said...

that warm sun can lull you into a state of security....I bet it felt good in the moment;)

Me... said...

Been there, done that! In high school I laid on the trampoline one afternoon with my panties pulled way up, thus revealing lots of tush. Needless to say, I didn't sit down for 3 days afterwards and even missed school bcz of my lobster-red bottom. I hear ya. :-) Slather your skin with coconut oil! (my mom has some!)

Jake said...

Hi Meredith! Guess what, we live right next door to someone you know! Jerald and Tami Taylor are totally backyard neighbors with us . . . we got to talking with them this week, and Jerald was telling us how he came from the Mormon colonies down in Mexico and I asked him if he knew you guys, and sure enough, his sister married Rusty's brother! Small world, right? Anyhow, good hearing from you! Your little girl is adorable, and congrats on having #2 on the way . . . hang in there! I have a new-found respect for pregnant women after watching my cute wife suffer through it! Keep in touch. - Jake

P.S. my wife thought it was funny that your message made it sound like she runs the blog, because she makes me do it all...yeah, I'm the only guy I know that maintains a family blog, so I could see how anyone would think the Mrs. ran that show! =)

Unknown said...

NEVER coconut oil, ice and hardpacked at that. It sizzles beneath the level of deal flesh and creates more problem.

Now, who's got the 'too much to soon phenom going?'--otherwise, why would you need to go out to a pool.

Next: I hate those tiny little white and pithier curvalinear corners on the frame, can't they be atleast , well BLUE? or preferable black, or none at all. They really gripe the heck out of my congruent artBrainSkidorp.