Monday, November 3, 2008

Daily Thanks!

So here we are, starting the countdown to Thanksgiving, when any ideas of dieting go flying out the window. More importantly though, we try to be aware of the things we are grateful for. This week, I am grateful for a motivated husband. I'm blessed to have a hardworking, get it done guy and to show my appreciation, here is a picture of his latest endeavor.

Now, I know what you're thinking "Yikes!" and "Is that a whole instead of a window?" "Yes." But it's going to be fabulous. We're finally redoing the fireplace with brick instead of bathroom tile (no offense Tom and Charli), new windows are in, a half wall seperating the front door, from the livingroom, and we'll have new flooring in there too. We also have all the tile for new counter tops and backsplash -- no more pink formica!! (once again, no offense Tom and Charli.) So, thank you Rusty for making our home pretty.

7 comments:

laurice. said...

What a great man!

Elder Romney's mission said...

Im so excited to see the finished product! It will be like a whole new house! Lets have a house warmong luncheon when its done.

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

the ball is now rolling so fast i can't keep up! i can't wait to see the new windows. (be honest, was it the dread of window treatments for those huge ones? ha ha.) keep up the great work rust! thanks for taking such great care of my bestie!

perkiwindy said...

Wish I had a fireplace to spruce up. Not much use for one here in the Valley of the Sun Arizona though. Still, it would be nice to have a place to put the stockings for Christmas. Hey...Where WILL I put those things? Oh well, if Barack wins I supose he will take away Christmas too so I won't have to worry. Or at least take all the gifts from under the tree that we worked so hard for and give them to a family that sat on their hind end all year and did nothing. You know, spread the wealth around.

perkiwindy said...

ps-I can't wait to see it. It is always so fun to make your home more...your home.

Jarmeg Family said...

i am so excited for you and can't wait to see the finished product. P.s. send those men and rusty my way when you are done

Me... said...

How exciting to get all of those updates. I got a kick out of your "No offense Tom and Charli." I'm sure they won't be offended but instead, will just totally chuckle about it (and definitely understand! haha). Post pictures of your before and after project!!! I'm obsessed about home decor and remodeling, so please, entertain me!