Sunday, March 1, 2009

~*The Bite Heard Round the World*~


Sunday's are a day of rest. Rest from the trials of the world, rest from the day to day chores. And an opportunity to feel the peace of the Lord. But this Sunday was a little different.

However after Sunday dinner Sadie was playing with Maddy the dog at Aunt Wendy's house. I heard the dog growl and then I heard THE SCREAM!! You never want to hear that scream. I grabbed her and saw the blood dripping off her face . . . terrified and scared, I let a few explicits escape my mouth (to which I apologize Wendy, I know you would NEVER want anything to happen to Mercedes) and took her outside to assess the damage. One tooth went all the way through to the inside of her mouth and the other went about half way. After a trip to Goyo (our fix all doctor) who told us that she would be just fine with an antibiotic to prevent any infections and some Motrin to let down the swelling, we're all safe at home. Much calmer, but a little emotionally exhausted. She's going to be just fine.

9 comments:

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

our poor sade!!
we heard about the injury and were very sad. we are wishing her a quick and pain-free recovery!!

i will try hard not to kick that dog next time i see it. don't you hurt my sadie!

laurice. said...

Poor baby. That looks like it hurts.

Ashley said...

Oh poor little Sadie! That is just AWFUL!!! I hope she gets to feeling better soon...

Elder Romney's mission said...

Oh how awful!Poor thing.

BarbaraJo said...

What happened to the dog? Did it face the wrath of a worried/angry mother? I probably would have thrown it through a window. (don't tell).

ANGiE said...

Poor little Girl! I use to work at a pediatricians office and I think the worst thing I ever saw come in was a little girl that got bitten by a dog right through the check and the dog would NOT LET GO (or couldn't) and when they pulled the dog off it actually pull out on of the little girls teeth! Can you imagine!!! She had horrible gashes through her cheek and going up in from under her chin! It was AWFUL! SO SAD! I'm glad Wendy's dog had a little more mercy on cute little Sadie! Tell her we love her!

Amy said...

That is always the worst when they scream that scream which tells you they have been hurt really bad. Like the Joneses say "it will feel better when it stops hurting." or something like that.

Toni Call said...

Mady tried to bite me one time, too! Luckily i was able to kick her off of me... poor little Sadie. I'll bet that was traumatizing!

Me... said...

I dread having to hear that type of "scream" too one day. Bless your heart! (And Sadie's!) Luckily, that's all that happened to her. Phhhhhew!