Saturday, February 28, 2009

Is There Room For the Both of Them in the World?!

~True Story~ the other day, Mercedes and I drove into the driveway and saw some workmen working in the yard. She says, "mama, what are all those workmen doing?" reply, "they're planting trees, Sadie." she says, "well, who's in charge of watching them?" I say, "no one right now honey." she says, "mama, I better sit out here and watch them so they don't stop working."
And so she did. She sat out there for a good 20-30 minutes, making sure they didn't stop. So I ask you, Is there room for both Rusty and Mercedes in this world?!!

8 comments:

ANGiE said...

That is HILARIOUS!!! No doubt she has learned from watching her father! How funny! Kids do the darndest things!

Elder Romney's mission said...

Thats great! Shes probably excited to see life outside of your compound:)

The Farmer's Wife said...

the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree....does it??? That is too funny!

laurice. said...

haha. She's learning young.

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness how cute is she?!? haha Maybe she can be her daddy's "foreman" in a few years...

By the way- I set my blog to private. Send me your e-mail address to ashleysiruno@hotmail.com and I'll send ya an invite =)

Jarmeg Family said...

oh little sadie, she is so funny and so grown up for her age, just like her papa

Me... said...

The apple of her daddy's eye! She must believe in my grandpa Merriner's philosophy that even if you sit on a plastic chair in the orchard while drinking a Coke and watching your men, you'll still make more money than if you drank that Coke at home!

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

i am laughing at jamie's comment. i've never heard that! sadie is a mini rustworth (with less indian comments.)
little angel sadeo!