Monday, February 15, 2010

VALENTINE'S DAY

Every year for Valentine's Day, my thoughtful husband
gives me a boquet of roses. So sweet, I know, and I'm sure
many of you receive the same or similar gifts. Now, I
don't mean to seem ungrateful or snobbish, but this year
I'm taking issue with the florists in our lovely Mexico.
You see, they tend to make their flower arrangements
look like they're going to a memorial service, i.e. the picture below.

So this year I removed the beautiful dozen red roses and put them in my own vase.
Much better I think.
i love these two girls. they make my day.
and he's so handsome. happy valentine's day to my wonderful husband.

6 comments:

BarbaraJo said...

Amen! I agree with the flowers. I asked Garrett to just bring home the flowers and I would arrange them and the guy at the flower store thought he was CRAZY!

laurice. said...

Thank you....I always take them apart and make my own. Derrick did talk to them one V-day and I got a good one.


I hear the babe is crawling...awesome!

Ashley said...

Hahaha! I remember seeing arrangements like that on our kitchen table for my mom every valentines day and mothers day! Viva Mexico!

Toni Call said...

You gotta love those mexican flower arrangements! i got a few of those from my boyfriend in highschool... scary stuff. Your girls are so dang cute!

Me... said...

I must be from Mexico because honestly, I don't think your original arrangement looks that bad! haha

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

funeral arrangements, I call them. yes, much better!