Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Year that could have been

To be a farmer of any kind you have to invest in a lot of planning and hard work. Hours and hours of labor and intensive thought on how much time to invest in this project and that. But in the end, after you've done all you can, what's meant to be will be. This year, at Rancho Dublan, was looking to be epic. The chile was growing beautifully, many people even stopped to comment on what a beautiful job the men had done. On top of it all the early spring frosts had not seemed to affect the peach trees much, so we were reaping those benefits as well.




Then the rains came. and came. and came. The year that was to be epic became the year we all hope to forget. Oh well. There's always next year.

5 comments:

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

so sad. it didn't hit me until i heard they were disking it up. i even heard about how pretty it was. rough. (at least the peaches are pretty! and delish!)

BarbaraJo said...

I'm so sorry. I feel your pain. As always...there is next year. I am so glad you have a blog now. Love it!

The Farmer's Wife said...

The joys of farming! I am sad to say that I have many photos just like those that you posted...from the "years that could have been" The good part is that, it makes good men. They learn to turn to Heavenly Father. Welcome to blogging! Hugs!

Jarmeg Family said...

I seriously feel like i have been saying "maybe next year" every year we have been here! So sad for you guys.

Elder Romney's mission said...

I know how you feel! Cade says farming is more of a risk than gambling, we should all go to Vegas instead! I love your blog!