Monday, February 2, 2009

~~Have I learned from my past?~ Only time will tell.


So today is the day. I've decided to get out in the fresh air and try to get some exercise. Let me explain . . . you see, during my first pregnancy I got really sick too and laid around my house pretty much the whole 9 months, (however I was only sick for 3 of them.) And so it goes without saying that the 80 lbs. I gained were much deserved and blame goes to no one but myself and the evil genius behind "Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies." So today is the day I set out to make sure (at least give it a good try, this time) that I don't repeat my past mistake. So the next time you see me feel free to say something like "Hey fatty, where's your twinkie?" or some other fat related joke, in order to keep my mind on the ball. If you have any other suggestions, feel free to share them. I'm really gonna try this time.
Did someone say Valentine's Day was just around the corner? . . . . . I can't wait for the sugar cookies!

8 comments:

BarbaraJo said...

Good for you! I feel so much better if I exercise during pregnancy. It helps me keep my mind off being sick. As for the sugar cookies...we already jump-started Valentines Day at my house. I just polished off a pan...by myself.

Kreller Kaboodle said...

You are sop funny Meredith! And exercising thru pregnancy does help a lot of things so good for you!

laurice. said...

you crack me up! Hope it helps you feel better.

Ashley said...

Good luck Meredith! I didn't work out at all during my first 2 pregnancies. I gained almost 50 lbs both times. So my 3rd pregnancy I was DETERMINED not to gain that much again. I worked out the ENTIRE pregnancy. I still gained 47 lbs. Talk about depressing! lol BUT, I did FEEL much better and I held the weight differntly. I definintely looked better than I did my first 2 pregnancies. But ya, still gained just as much. Oh well. What do ya do??? I like a challenge though. I only have 11 more lbs to lose to be back to my normal size! Yay! Keep us posted on how it goes! You can do it!!! ;)

Dena said...

So I thought- yeah! a friend's blog that doesn't mention food. (My diet motivation is slowly fading...) And YOU missy, look great and are finally feeling better, so be careful! FYI- little debbies...absolutely LOVE them. AUGH! must. stop. reading. blogs.

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

go mer! right there with you buddy. as soon as i can walk. and go to el paso.
lay off me i'm starving!

Me... said...

Good luck!!! I enjoyed your "honest" post about the realities of "life" and pregnancy! I keep a phrase on my fridge, and maybe this will help you: "Nothing tastes as GOOD as being thin FEELS!" I constantly let this flow through my mind so that I realize how much better it feels to have loose fitting jeans than to have a donut!

Cathy said...

Hey Merideth! This was my experience! I gained 42 pounds with each pregnancy! Even the pregnancy I limited myself to 1200 calories a day for six months! Still got 42 pounds! Go figure!
I wish you the BEST! It's so hard to take it off afterwards! I still have about 15 pounds of baby fat left from Darron and he's 24 years old! ha ha!